Labour Market Information
The Durham Workforce Authority (DWA) provides local labour market information (LMI) specific to Durham Region. The DWA plays a significant role within the community as leading specialists to develop LMI and identify trends. By adapting to technology, information changes and trends, we ensure consistent and on-target production of LMI to the community.
Durham Data Portal
Provides easy to understand and download, local labour market information.
- Workforce Survey Summary 2018
- Workforce Survey Full Report 2018
- Durham Under 30 Summary 2018
- Durham Under 30 Full Report 2018
- Health BioScience Sector Report
- Not in the Labour Force Full Report 2018
- Not in the Labour Force Summary 2018
- Retail Trade Sectoral Anaysis Summary 2018
- Retail Trade Sectoral Analysis 2018
Local Industry Profiles
Economic development and teachers in Durham Region’s secondary schools indicated a need for industry profiles to assist with career planning to retain youth in local industries. Industry profiles are focused on the priority sectors identified by municipal and regional economic development’s priority sectors; construction, healthcare and biosciences, information technology, advanced manufacturing, agri-business, multi model transportation and energy with information on growth industries and occupations.
- Advanced Manufacturing
- Healthcare and Biosciences
- Multimodal Transportation and Logistics
- Sustainable Energy
- Information and Communication Technology
Historically, the DWA provided local industry specific occupation profiles highlighting occupations in demand and required skill sets to equip teachers with more information to better inform students about career prospects.