Labour Market Information
The Durham Workforce Authority (DWA) provides local labour market information (LMI) specific to Durham Region. The DWA plays a significant role within the community as leading specialists to develop LMI and identify trends. By adapting to technology, information changes and trends, we ensure consistent and on-target production of LMI to the community.
Durham Data Portal
Provides easy to understand and download, local labour market information.
- Skills for Tomorrow Survey Report Executive Summary
- Skills For Tomorrow Report Final
- Durham Under 30 Survey Report March 31
- Retail Trade Sectoral Anaysis Summary Sept 2018
- Retail Trade Sectoral Analysis Sept 2018
Local Industry Profiles
Economic development and teachers in Durham Region’s secondary schools indicated a need for industry profiles to assist with career planning to retain youth in local industries. Industry profiles are focused on the priority sectors identified by municipal and regional economic development’s priority sectors; healthcare and biosciences, information technology, advanced manufacturing, agri-business, multi model transportation and energy with information on growth industries and occupations.
- Advanced Manufacturing
- Multimodal Transportation and Logistics
- Sustainable Energy
- Information and Communication Technology
- Employment, Insurance, Immigration, Border Services and Revenue Officers (pdf)
Historically, the DWA provided local industry specific occupation profiles highlighting occupations in demand and required skill sets to equip teachers with more information to better inform students about career prospects. Additional profiles can be located on the Occupation Profiles page on the DWA site. https://durhamworkforceauthority.ca/dwa-home/activities/occupational-profiles/