The key activities of our mandate are to:
- work to improve the availability of labour market information;
- establish a planning framework for training and adjustment programs and services;
- provide analysis, advice and recommendations regarding these programs and services;
- encourage and promote the value of life-long learning;
- promote equity in and access to local training and adjustment programs;
Our Vision and Mission Statement
The Durham Workforce Authority will be the acknowledged provider of local workforce information and champion of workforce development initiatives unique to Durham Region.
- To produce and offer comprehensive Labour Market Information to our stakeholders.
- To facilitate workforce solutions by engaging community partners and employers.
- To encourage development and maintenance of a sustainable and dynamic workforce