Skills and Post-Secondary Education Summit: Towards a Skills and PSE Strategy for Canada
Durham Workforce Authority is pleased to partner with The Conference Board of Canada and CAREERS: The Next Generation to bring you the Skills and Post-Secondary Education Summit: Towards a Skills and PSE Strategy for Canada on November 3-5, 2015 in Edmonton, Alberta at a reduced registration fee.
This three day Summit will explore the future of K-12, post-secondary education, and skills development in Canada—including colleges, universities, apprenticeship, and trades training. As a key stakeholder in the K-12 and PSE systems, your voice at the table is important as we work to advance education and the competition that faces Canada today.
The Summit will focus on six recurring themes:
- Developing the Skills and Post-Secondary Education Strategy for Canada—How can we build and maintain a world class PSE system that supplies the highly skilled and educated workforce we need?
- Transitioning Students into Careers—How can we enhance skills development, apprenticeship, and trades training for successful transitions into work and careers?
- Making Systemic Reforms—Who’s doing what to improve the development and deployment of talent at the local, regional, and pan-Canadian levels?
- Understanding the “Strategy” in Strategic Investments—What is the objective of Canada’s skills and PSE system? Why are we investing the way we are? What are the top priorities for refinement in these investments?
- Re-skilling and Up-skilling Under Represented Populations—How can we engage more immigrants, Aboriginals, youth, mature workers, structurally unemployed individuals, people with disabilities, and women in advanced trades and training programs through PSE to increase the supply of workers in Canada?
- Connecting Industry Needs, Educational Programs, and Skilled Talent—How can we better connect the key players to make PSE an engine of high performance for our people and economy?
The Conference Board of Canada is working to develop a Skills and PSE Strategy for Canada, and your input is valuable. Attend the Summit and take part in consultation sessions and share your ideas to help shape the objectives and actions featured in the Strategy.
The agenda is in the final stages of completion – continue to check back on the Conference Board’s website, and follow #cboceducation on Twitter for up-to-date information!
Use Rebate Code PRM5 when registering to secure your rate of $1495—that’s $500 in savings. Use the online registration system, or contact Emily Hayward at the Conference Board directly at firstname.lastname@example.org or 613-526-3090 ext. 393 to complete your registration.