The key activities of our mandate are to:
- Work to improve the availability of labour market information;
- Establish a planning framework for training and adjustment programs and services;
- Provide analysis, advice and recommendations regarding these programs and services;
- Encourage and promote the value of life-long learning;
- Promote equity in and access to local training and adjustment programs;
Our Vision and Mission Statement
The Durham Workforce Authority will be the acknowledged provider of local workforce information and champion of workforce development initiatives unique to Durham Region.
- To produce and offer comprehensive Labour Market Information to our stakeholders.
- To facilitate workforce solutions by engaging community partners and employers.
- To encourage development and maintenance of a sustainable and dynamic workforce