The DWA LEPC works to promote and facilitate improvements in labour market conditions in local communities through the provision of research and labour market information to drive innovation in service delivery, based on solid evidence based in valuing equally five interacting domains of activity:
Labour Market Information and Intelligence: expanding current understanding of local labour market issues and needs and improving access to labour market information resources.
Integrated Planning: serving as a central point of contact linking employers, service providers, different government levels and other community groups to identify and respond to labour market and workforce development challenges and opportunities, and gaps in employment and training and human and social services, through collaborative planning.
Service Coordination for Employers: hub connecting employers, industry associations, sector groups with appropriate employment and training services to address workforce development needs.
Research and Innovation: collaborating with community stakeholders to develop projects related to the research and piloting of innovative approaches to addressing local labour market issues or opportunities.
Best Practices: ongoing work with provincial and community organizations, including other LEPCs, will identify and share local best practices that could inform future projects.
The following are complete LEPC projects:
- Brock Tourism Business Retention and Expansion– Final Report and Action Plan (pdf)
- DWA Skills for Tomorrow Report – Ajax (pdf)
- DWA Skills for Tomorrow Report – Clarington (pdf)
- DWA Skills for Tomorrow Report – Oshawa (pdf)
- DWA Skills for Tomorrow Report – Pickering (pdf)
- DWA Skills for Tomorrow Report – Whitby (pdf)
- Durham Employment Services Managers Working Group Strategic Plan – November 2017 (pdf)
- HR Alliance Report June 30, 2018 (pdf)
- Retail Trade Sectoral Analysis Sept 2018
- Retail Trade Sectoral Anaysis Summary Sept 2018
- Not in the Workforce Report
- Not in the Workforce Report (Summary)
- Workforce Report
- Navigating Employment Services (Ethnography Report) (pdf)
- Durham Under 30 Report (Summary) (pdf)
- Durham Under 30 Report (pdf)