Welcome to the Durham Workforce Authority
Board Members Wanted
Board of Directors
The DWA Board of Directors meetings are held monthly on the third Wednesday from approximately 6:30 to 8:30 pm. Members of the Board of Directors are expected to:
- Prepare for and attend board meetings
- Work as a team member
- Participate in one of the DWA committees.
- Participate in the development and implementation of the strategic plan
- Monitor the performance of the organization in relation to objectives and core values
- Approve the budget and monitor financial performance in relation to it
- Establish, review, and monitor polices that guide core operational practices (e.g. financial management, human resource management)
- Attend and participate in the Annual General Meeting
Standing Committees allow Directors to gain a better understanding of key areas of board responsibility. Standing Committees address a specific mandate or task and provide recommendations to the general Board. Any Director may express an interest to join or retire from a Standing Committee to the Chair of the respective committee. Non-board persons, being volunteers-at-large, may provide recommendations as advisory participants. Committees meet every 4 to 8 weeks and the time commitment is approximately 2 to 5 hours each month.
Standing Committees shall include, but not be limited to, the following:
- Human Resources and Director Recruitment Committee
- By-Law and Policy Review Committee
- Director Development Committee
- Finance Committee
- Strategic Planning Committee
If you have questions or would like more information on Board and/or Committee member activities, please contact our office at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We look forward to hearing from you.
Visit the Survey Button to Fill out the Durham Under 30 Survey and the Skill Shed Survey.